Thursday, August 27, 2009

Trip to Urgent Care


Last Friday we went camping. We had so much fun and got a little over a gallon of huckleberries. On Saturday morning I found a cut on Paul's heal. I remembered at that point that he had run out of the tent bare foot the night before. It was really minor so I forgot about it. Last night I happened to notice a red streak going up his heal coming from the cut. The cut was a bit swollen but not red at all. I pushed on the red streak and Paul said "Ouch! Don't do that mama!" This morning it looked much the same except that the red streak was also swollen a bit. So... we went into Urgent Care. He had not fever and was acting normally. However, I did not want for it to get out of hand.

The doctor was sure upon seeing it that he needed antibiotics and that he wanted to see him again on Saturday to check the progress. Paul is supposed to wear a band aide and a sock all the time too. Yuck! It is supposed to be the last few days of summer! How do I keep a sock on a boy that is completely accustomed to going barefoot?
I took the picture above yesterday evening and unfortunately it does not really show how red it really is. Today it looks a bit worse and Paul is complaining that it hurts. He won't let me near it. So far he has had six doses of antibiotics so I hope that we will see improvement pretty soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment