Friday, August 28, 2009

School Starts Soon!


We got our second and last box of books for school yesterday! I am really excited to get started. Initially I wanted to start school after Labor Day. I love summer and did not want to shorten it! However, Labor Day is way too late this year so we will start on the 1st of September.

I was planning on starting Dan with some the first grade stuff that we did not finish before we went the the Philippines last February, but it would be too easy for him. When I was looking over the new second grade books that we received I realized that there is plenty of review built into the first few lessons.

So that means Dan will be starting second grade and Clara will be starting Kindergarten! Wow! Paul will not be left out. I ordered several 3 year old nursery work books for him as well. I am not sure if it is just a waste of money or not. The pages in them look like fun and at least he will have the opportunity to "do school" too.
Starting the week after Labor Day we have home school co-op on Thursday morning and Dan has a science class on Wednesday afternoons. I am not at all concerned that we will be bored this fall! I am thinking that it sounds too busy to me! I am really most happy when I have a day at home.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, what a great idea! You are such a blessing to me and to our family! Praise Him!

    Love, JCM

    ReplyDelete